These are a firm favourite of ours and one of the few ways that the Boy will eat fish without a fuss! The fish can be substituted for chicken using the same recipe and timings, just ensure that the pieces are relatively thin so that they cook through.
Any white fish fillet- hake is cheap and perfect for this (I use two fillets to serve three children)
1 egg, beaten
Cereal bowl of corn flakes, crushed
2 table spoons of plain flour on a plate
Large knob of butter, melted
- Cut the fish into finger sized pieces
- Dry them well on kitchen paper
- Dip the pieces into flour, then beaten egg, then crushed cornflakes, ensuring each coating completely covers the previous
- Tip: Use one hand for wet and one for dry, to save a stodgy mess!
- Place on a baking tray
- Drizzle with melted butter and bake at 180C (fan) for 10mins, turning half way through.
- Serve with steamed veg- mine love mini corn on the cob, then it’s all finger-food!
Try with salmon or substitute cornflakes for fine polenta! Enjoy!!
Click here for more quick, cheap and healthy dinner ideas and follow my blog for regular Kids Tea Tuesdays! xx