Sunday Mornings and Monday & Wednesday Evenings at Tolworth Gymnastics Club
*Update 24th Feb 2021* – Classes are currently suspended due to TGC’s tier 4 closure. Check out my zoom classes during Jan/Feb/Mar 2021!
This skill-strength class is for Tolworth Gymnastics Club members only.
This fun, intensive class is designed to develop strength for gymnastics skills. Gymnasts only training a few hours per week often stagnate in their progression, not due to lack of talent but lack of body conditioning. There is only so much strength work that can be done in a General Squad/ recreational class. To improve this, gymnasts must work on their strength and body conditioning elsewhere. This class aims to improve strength and consolidate good technique and body positioning, enabling faster skill progression.
Advanced GS please note that this class does not count towards ‘training hours’ for competition purposes.
- Term time only
- Sunday 9.10-9.55am, 10.-10.45am & 10.50-11.35am
- Monday & Wednesday 7-7.45pm & 7.50-8.35pm
- Location: TGC rear dance studio (Zone 2 Pink & Lime)
- Cost: £8/ session (block booking)
- Run exclusively by myself (Women’s Artistic Senior Coach)
- Reserve your space before paying via PayPal
- This short video describes some important movement patterns for the class:
- During lockdown, I put together another video explaining the exercises we will be using in the Dec/Jan classes:
What to Bring/ Wear:
- Water (sports bottle to prevent spillage)
- Notebook & pen
- 2 squishies (or 2 pairs balled socks)
- Ankle weights for older gymnasts (optional)
- Wear sports clothing or leotard & sliders/ slip on shoes for ease
Each week I give the class two challenges and encourage participants to keep a record of their achievement. These are set in stages and gymnasts can move to the next stage of the challenge if they feel able. The idea of these challenges is to help gymnasts monitor their own progression and see the improvement that they are making over time. I actively encourage each individual to focus on their own level and not to compare themselves to others. Some groups are very mixed in ability so I am emphasising the importance of personal achievement. Click here for more information.
Please confirm availability before booking (email email@example.com). Bookings that are not reserved will incur a refund charge if the class is full. Each term is bookable separately and does not guarantee a place in a future term. It is possible to pay for the term by cash if you prefer. All cash payments must be in an envelope marked with your child’s name & date/ time of class you are paying for FAO Sonia Urie and handed directly to me (preferably) or to TGC reception staff.
Remaining sessions will commence when TGC reopens on 12th April:
- Mondays 2nd November, 7th/ 14th December + 12th/ 19th/ 26th April & 10th May
- Wednesdays 4th November, 2nd/ 9th/ 16th December + 14th/ 21st/ 28th April
- Sundays 6th/ 13th December + 18th/ 25th April & 2nd/ 9th/ 16th May
Please reserve your space (see above) and wait for confirmation of space before paying. Unreserved bookings will incur a refund-charge (if paid by PayPal) if the class is full. If I have to cancel a class for any reason, I will offer a replacement class or refund via your chosen payment method (less any Paypal charges).