Here is another savoury pancake recipe ready for Shrove Tuesday in a few weeks time. This is such an easy and cheap recipe, where you can use up leftovers and everyone can choose their own combination. The word ‘pizza‘ in the title is enough to encourage any fussy eater to give it a go and if you use my roasted vegetable sauce, you will be getting a good portion of veggies into them at the same time! Rolling the pancake at the end is optional, you could try grilling it on a baking sheet to finish off like a real pizza but that was a bit much of a hassle for me! This recipe feeds a family of five.
- 5 heaped tbsp plain flour (120g)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 pint milk (dairy free if needed)
- Butter or dairy free alternative for frying the pancakes
- 100ml tomato based sauce – try my roasted vegetable sauce or the super quick tomato sauce from this recipe
- 50g grated hard cheese or cheese sauce
- Your favourite pizza toppings (pre cooked if necessary)- ham, pepperoni, mushrooms, peppers, onions, leftover meat- the list is endless!
- Ensure any toppings for your pizza pancakes are cooked before hand (like onions, peppers and mushrooms) unless you like them raw
- Throw the flour, eggs and milk into a blender and whizz until combined
- It is best if you can let this stand for an hour or so or at least for the time you are preparing every thing else!
- Add a small knob of butter to a warmed, nonstick frying pan
- Allow the butter to melt and begin to bubble, spread it around by tipping the pan
- Pour in enough pancake batter to make a thin layer, filling the whole pan- you will need to tip the pan to allow the mix to spread around and stay thin
- After cooking on a medium heat for 30 seconds, shake the pan and it should come free from the pan
- Check the pancake is browned before flipping or using a spatula to turn it if you are not so brave!
- Turn out your pancake and start again!
- This recipe will make approximately 12 pancakes depending on the size of your pan.
- Everyone can build their own pizza using the tomato based sauce first and finishing off with some grated cheese or swirl of cheese sauce
- Roll up the pizza pancake and enjoy with a side salad
Enjoy your Pizza Pancake Roll-ups!
If you have any left over, they also work well as a great alternative to sandwiches in the kids packed lunch!
Some of the most popular recipes: Mushroom & Thyme Tagliatelle, Super-Quick Satay Sauce, Virtuous Thai Turkey Broth, The Ultimate Baked Ham, Baked Cod with Root Veg Chips, Tomato Soup with Crispy Ham Croutons, Quick Bbq Chicken & Salad Wraps, Super Easy Leek & Bacon Baked Risotto, One Pot Mild Thai Green Curry, Quick Tuna & Olive Spaghetti, Gluten & Dairy Free Mini Fish Pies, Toad in the Hole with a Twist, Pop Chicken Nuggets, Chicken ‘Kinda’ Kiev Crunchy Salmon Fishcakes, The Best Bolognese, Quick Spinach and Watercress Soup, Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake, Roasted Vegetable Pasta Sauce & Chinese Salmon