Fish is they only food group that I have struggled with where the children (and the husband) are concerned! This recipe has become a family favourite and is quick and easy to prepare.
- One salmon portion per person (I usually do 2 between 3 children)
- Soy sauce
- Teriyaki sauce
- Chinese 5 spice
- Finely sliced root ginger- 4-5 wafer thin slices per salmon portion
- Place the salmon portions onto a sheet of tin foil large enough to form a pouch around it to keep in the steam
- Drizzle each piece with a splash of soy and then tariyaki sauce (white wine could also be added)
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of chinese 5 spice onto each portion
- Place the slices of ginger on top of each portion
- Gather the ends of the tin foil and scrunch together above the salmon and then scratch the ends to seal the parcel and keep in the steam- the foil should not pack tight around the salmon, it should create a steaming pouch
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon
- Serve with rice (we love the crunch you get with wild rice) and steamed veg, plus some finely sliced spring onion for mummy and daddy!
Click here for more quick, cheap and healthy dinner ideas and follow my blog for regular Kids Tea Tuesdays! xx