We have another fabulous guest blogger joining us this week for ‘Kids Tea Tuesdays’! So it’s over to Rebecca from Rock and Roses Mama for something sweet!
As part of Sonia’s incredible series ‘Kids Tea Tuesdays’, I have been asked to submit a healthy dinner recipe; My Rosy Mama Recipes has gone down a sweet storm so I thought, what better than to offer you all with a healthy dessert alternative for family dinner times! The beauty of it is that it will feel like you are eating a sumptuous and sinful dessert while being an easy and healthy doppleganger! I give you… Apple and Cinnamon Muffins.
What makes these muffins healthy you say? Well The sugar and butter content is significantly reduced in comparison to alternative recipes without a compromise on taste!
Note: These muffins are a standard recipe that can be used in combination with any fruit you desire! Just replace the apple and cinnamon with whichever fruit you fancy!
- 225g Plain Flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 100g Caster Sugar + Extra for topping
- 1 tsp Cinnamon + Extra for dusting
- 60g Butter (For an even healthier alternative use an Olive Spread)
- 225ml Low Fat Milk
- 110g Chopped Apples (Peeled and Cored)
Method: (Makes 8 large muffins/12 small muffins):
- Preheat your oven to 200C/Gas Mark 7
- Pop your muffin cases into a Muffin Tin and pop to one side ready.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl and pop to one side.
- In a large bowl cream together the Sugar and Butter.
- Measure out your Milk and pour a little into your creamed Sugar/Butter mixture alternatively with the mixture of dry ingredients.
- Continue this until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Fold in the fruit.
- Pour the mixture into your muffin cases and sprinkle a little Caster Sugar and Cinnamon on top of each one.
- Pop into the over for around 25 minutes or until a knife comes away clean when inserted.
Enjoy Rosy Mama’s Easy, Healthy Apple & Cinnamon Muffins!
Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below and if you’d like to see more of Rebecca, you can also find her on Twitter & Instagram
The most popular Kid’s Tea Tuesdays recipes this week were:
Why not give one a go this week and let me know how it goes down with your family?
We all have our own family favourites, store cupboard classics and frugal food tricks up our sleeves, so why not share yours with us? I’ll be sharing guest posts from fellow bloggers and also any tips, tricks or recipes sent in by you! If you would like to get involved, click here to drop me a message.
Click here for more quick, cheap and healthy dinner ideas and follow my blog for regular Kids Tea Tuesdays! xx
4 thoughts on “Rosy Mama's Easy, Healthy Apple & Cinnamon Muffins”
Pingback:Nicola’s Italian Style Chicken and Polenta – Buzymum
Pingback:Victoria’s Sneaky Mango & Banana Smoothie – Buzymum
Pingback:Super Summer Salad Soup! – Buzymum
Pingback:Healthy, Low Sugar Desserts and Treats – Buzymum