Having got the kids to eat (and love) sweet potato in fish cakes, I’ve managed to made it a double with these sweet potato and chorizo fritters. Not only do they contain a good portion of veg (including the infamous sweet potato), they are also quick, cheap and easy, so an ideal mid-week family meal. Any leftovers are great cold as a lunch, snack or dinner-on-run so nothing goes to waste! Feel free to omit the chorizo for a fab vegetarian dish, and/or melt some cheese on top as an extra twist!
- 4 heaped desert spoons of self raising flour
- 3 x eggs
- Milk (any) -a splash to loosen the mixture,if needed
- 1 medium (approx 20cm) courgette, grated
- 1 small/medium sweet potato, grated
- 2 spring onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 chorizo ring (ready cooked one), chopped into rounds and then quartered
- Twist of salt and pepper
- Fry the chorizo quickly, on a high heat until crispy, drain on kitchen paper
- Mix the flour and eggs together to form a pancake batter the consistency of double cream, if the mix is too thick, add a splash of milk. If it becomes too lose, add a teaspoon of flour
- Place the courgette, sweet potato and spring onion into a clean muslin (or tea towel) and squeeze out all the juice
- Add the veg mix to the batter, season, mix and combine
- The mix can then be covered and left in the fridge until you are ready to eat
- Add the crispy chorizo pieces at the last moment to keep them crispy
- Fry in large dollops until golden (about 3-4mins each side)
- Serve with salad.
- These are also great served cold for an out-and-about lunch or dinner!
Enjoy your Sweet Potato & Chorizo Fritters!!
The most popular Kid’s Tea Tuesdays recipes this week were:
Why not give one a go this week and let me know how it goes down with your family?
Have you got a family favourite that you’d like to share? Click here to send in your recipe and I’ll post my favourites over the next few weeks!!
Click here for more quick, cheap and healthy dinner ideas and follow my blog for regular Kids Tea Tuesdays! xx
0 thoughts on “Sweet Potato & Chorizo Fritters”
Pingback:Easy Cheaters Chicken Pies – Buzymum
Pingback:Warming Pumpkin Soup with Pine Nuts and Halloumi – Buzymum