This vegetable fritter recipe is super easy, quick and cheap to make. You can vary the type and proportion of vegetables within the fritter, just make sure they are fairly dry- sweetcorn and spinach work well. Check out our Veg & Bacon Fritters for a meaty variation or layer these up with some ham, salami or chorizo slices! Unused batter will keep in the fridge for a day or two but I usually cook it all, allow to cool and store in the fridge. Cold fritters make a great alternative to sandwiches in lunch boxes or on a picnic!!
This recipe makes 16-18 fritters so will serve 4-6 people depending on their appetite.
- 4 heaped dessert spoons of self raising flour
- 3 x eggs
- Milk (any) -a splash to loosen the mixture,if needed
- 1 medium (approx 20cm) courgette, grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 spring onion, chopped finely
- Salt and pepper
- Approx 50g cheddar/ gruyere/ dairy free cheese (any cheese that melts will work), grated
- Mix the flour and eggs together to form a pancake batter the consistency of double cream, if the mix is too thick, add a splash of milk. If it becomes too lose, add a teaspoon of flour.
- Place the courgette, carrot and spring onion into a clean muslin (or tea towel) and squeeze out all the juice.
- Add the veg mix and the peas to the batter mix, season with a few twists of salt and pepper and combine.
- The mix can then be covered and left in the fridge until you are ready to eat.
- Fry in dessert spoon sized dollops until just golden (about 3-4mins).
- Flip and top each one with a sprinkle of cheese.
- Once the bottoms of the fritters are golden and the cheese has melted (you may need to stick them under the grill for 1 minute to help the cheese melt), stack 3-4 on top of each other.
- Serve with salad.
Enjoy your Cheesy Carrot, Courgette and Pea Fritter Stacks!!
The most popular Kid’s Tea Tuesdays recipes this week were:
Why not give one a go this week and let me know how it goes down with your family?
Have you got a family favourite that you’d like to share? Click here to send in your recipe and I’ll post my favourites over the next few weeks!!
Click here for more quick, cheap and healthy dinner ideas and follow my blog for regular Kids Tea Tuesdays! xx
0 thoughts on “Cheesy Carrot, Courgette & Pea Fritter Stacks”
Pingback:Easy Salmon and Sweet Potato Fishcakes – Buzymum
Pingback:Ham, Broccoli & Bacon Pasta Bake – Buzymum
Pingback:Easy Cheaters Chicken Pies – Buzymum
Pingback:Warming Pumpkin Soup with Pine Nuts and Halloumi – Buzymum
Pingback:Chicken, Leek & Tomato Pasta Bake – Buzymum